D.D. Hamilton Title was founded in 1893 as D.D. Hamilton Abstract and is the oldest business in Webster County. John Foglesong and his wife Marty bought the company in 1973 and in 1997 moved the company from its original location on the square to a 4,500 square foot new modern building one block west of the downtown square. This new facility has all the amenities of a 21st century title company, including plenty of customer parking.
In 1998, D.D. Hamilton Title acquired another title company in Wright County and moved it to a modern facility. In 2005, they opened a new title company in Douglas County.
D.D. Hamilton Title has evolved from an abstract company in Webster County to a fully computerized title company in Webster, Wright and Douglas Counties.